A fortnight back in NY

so I go to social security to update my address
As easy as changing your address anywhere? You would think so...

I get there, to the local office, it's crowded, take a ticket, manage to get a seat- I wish I could have recorded it.
Apart from- people arguing at the counter, the security guard steping in, from what I since found out just the usual.



the classic for me was whenever a number was called from the counter or a door "265" a chorus rang out,"265" , "265" , "265" - like the people who were repeating the number didn't think the rest of us heard !!
One guy took it upon himself to be the offical repeater and with every number would stand up and say it about 4 times, once in each direction.
So my number gets called and then 4 times again, after a two hour wait I get to the counter and the guy looks at my paper work and says oh no, you supposed to be at the Brooklyn office- I can't change your address here.
What's with that.
So go head off to Brooklyn- and that's another long story.

No comments: