Volvo 122

In my teens my Dad was working for Volvo Trucks.  He brought home a book something like- History of Volvo (cars). I had an early appreciation of cars having worked the occasional school holiday in the workshop where my Dad was in management and weekends in my Uncle's mechanic workshop for a short period. 
I poured over the specs of the cars, some I would likely never see in my life, reading from the earliest days until I got to this... The Volvo 122, I think it was the first car I really longed to buy or own, well that was until I saw the P1800 a few pages later !! My first car was almost a 142 but I couldn't convince my parents that it was good idea... so the 122 and lots of the early Volvo's are still in my heart. Its good to see them still on the street. 


Volvo 122, New York 2008, Photograph Jason Hamilton

No comments: